Friday, January 11, 2008

Running Tired

The run today was supposed to be another medium distance run. I headed out and for the first two miles I was taking it easy making sure not to slip on ice and also to give me some time to get the Achilles warmed up. Once I crested the Woodland Ave. hill I hit the pavement and started to push the pace a bit. For the remainder of the loop I was able to run mostly on pavement. I was either running a bit too fast or my legs are still adjusting to the increase in volume. (probably a bit of both) I had a good nights sleep and thought I was rested up for this run. It was one of those runs where you think you have the amount of time completed. (it felt like I had ran for 1:10-1:-15) I didn't want to look at my watch and it was a good thing I didn't. When I got back to the house I stopped and was shocked to see the numbers. I hadn't ran quite as far in terms of time, but I felt like I had enough. I look at this as a good workout, even though the distance wasn't what I was looking for. I forgot to add a small loop that would have made this loop the time I needed. No big deal.

Totals: 1:01:07  9 miles

No comments: