Saturday, January 26, 2008

Off Again, On Again

The nagging hamstring returned for Friday's run leaving me with a measly 41/2 miles. I have had this hamstring trouble in the past and it goes away without any reason, almost as quick as it shows up. I believe it is from my calves since a week ago I did the run in Hartley and had a lot of uneven surface with major slippage. I wasn't in any mood to run for an hour with nagging hamstring pulling. Friday= 4.5 miles

I woke up this morning not feeling much better and was wondering what cross training I would be doing. I thought of skiing, swimming, using the bike on the trainer but in the end and after some stretching I opted for the treadmill. After a conservative first mile I gradually eased up the speed and ended running most of the miles at 8.3 mph (7:19 pace) HR was 146-148 bpm. At the end of the run I threw in some thirty second striders at 6 min pace just to introduce some up tempo stuff and stretch out the legs. In the end I had run ten miles and was pleasantly surprised how the legs felt.
Bought new Pegasus today... will try them on tomorrows run. No more Haywards, and the new Skylons are not the same like they say they are.

Totals: 1:12:20  10miles

No comments: