Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No-Good Hamstring

Yesterday, and on previous posts, I mentioned the left hamstring being troublesome. I really felt the tightness yesterday and this morning I was to do a medium distance run. The option of not running was in my head, but I compromised and attempted a run on the treadmill. I'm glad I didn't commit to running a loop outside because I probably would have run farther than I should. I had to cut the run quite short and will do some serious calf and glute stretches today. I think it is referred pain from extremely tight calves and/or glutes... maybe I will be able to run some this evening?

AM totals: 3.6 miles on treadmill (left ham never loosened up)

2 comments:

Kel said...

I feel like a wimp for running indoors on the treadmill when I read about your outdoor runs this winter!

As for the hamstring, I just posted the most common cause of hamstring problems that I encounter with my clients on my blog.

Don said...

I hope that hammy loosens up soon Gregg. Thanks for the Achilles tendon advice.