Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Not Today!...


I woke up a bit late this morning. As I stumbled down the stairs and into the dining room I stood by our sliding glass door staring at the smoke from the neighbors chimney's. I didn't actually have to see the smoke, I could hear the wind. (I actually stood at the window for close to ten minutes before making the decision to just go get it done.) That was enough proof the run outside would be one of the " I'm tougher than you" type runs.

Well, thanks to our purchase three years ago I didn't have to go outside. I put on a pair of shorts, shoes, and tee shirt and put on the I-pod and hit the treadmill for a yet to be determined run. I kind of made it up as time passed. After two miles of warm up I decided to play with the incline a bit. I decided that two minutes of hill would be a good stressor and something I could repeat more than once. For everyday running I add a 2% hill, just to make up for the loss of wind resistance. My hills were at 8% with the same running speed. Intervals of 2 minutes with 90 seconds of rest in between X 4 repeats. After the repeats I added two miles of easy running to get in my total for the morning.

My only other challenge is the I-Pod ear buds. They don't fit, and keep falling out after I get a sweat on. Does anybody know if the "rubber-tip" type ear buds work any better???

Totals: 44:22 6 miles with 4X hill repeats at 8% grade. 8.2 mph.

*Lucas picture at bath... wanted a beard like Santa.

2 comments:

Kel said...

I just started 0.25 mile hill repeats on the TM @ 8% this week too.

As for earbuds - the standard issue ones that came with my Ipod actually HURT! I got some Shure earbuds that have 9 (count 'em...9) different options for the ear piece: foam, soft rubber, and plastic in 3 sizes each. Much better sound and much more comfortable!

Gregg said...

Kel-
thanks for the advice on the earbuds...
nice photos on your blog, that is my other hobbie when I can fit it into my schedule. i don't shoot nearly as much as I wish.
gregg