Thursday, January 17, 2008

Older, Wiser

Last night after work I noticed my energy level was super low. My son has had a runny nose lately and I could feel the "cold-like" symptoms approaching. I took an Airborne slammed some fluids and by the end of the evening I was feeling a bit better. When I woke up this morning I knew I wouldn't be running. My feet were sore, my achilles was just a bit tight, but I could feel the cold still brewing. The next best thing I thought would be to get forty five minutes in the pool and have a decent recovery day. The pool was closed when I got there because UMD isn't back in session and the hours have changed. I walked back home, brewed a strong pot of coffee and proceeded to make breakfast and enjoy a day off. I am hoping the achilles appreciates this and tomorrow I have a decent day. Mentally this day off felt really good!

Totals: 0 miles/ Good Recovery!

No comments: