Thursday, January 24, 2008

One More Morning of Ice

This seems to be the last real cold morning for a while according to the weather professionals. I didn't expect what I woke up to this morning, -16F (little wind), but I had made a mental commitment to running outside. I put on the layers and got ready to hit the road. As for my hamstring I was still unsure of what was to come.  Within first half mile I almost turned around and went home three different times. I just kept reminding myself that once I warm up all would feel well. For once I was right. After about ten minutes of running I could tell all systems "go", including the hamstring. The stretching and exercises I did for the ham plus the day off yesterday must have made the difference because I didn't feel any pulling!

As for the run, I did a short version of out and back on West Skyline with the wind on my back for the trip home. I don't think I would have liked to be out there over an hour because my face mask was complete ice and near the end of it's life for the day. They can handle only so much spit! Lovely...

Totals: 59:00  8 miles 

No comments: