Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 Wrap Up

I should be able to wrap up 2007 within a couple of statements. It started off very exciting by being in decent shape in January because of the lack of snow. I had ran several 2 hour runs in December and was looking to bump up the mileage and get some decent workouts in Feb./March. Just as things were looking up, I had quite a fall on some ice and basically that is where my season and ultimately my year fell apart. The injury I sustained from the ice accident was a long one to rehab and as I was returning to longer runs I developed Achilles tendinitis in the opposite foot. July through October was waiting to get back to training without pain. November was a bit better, and December allowed me to run pain free. Going into the new year I am trying to be patient and get the mileage up as safe as possible. I will attempt to up the mileage to 80-90 miles a week and see how I adjust. I have some exciting new adventures planned for the new year and day by day will be my focus.

No comments: