Saturday, January 19, 2008

Frosty Hartley

Wake up Temperature= -16, -20 F, depending on the location in town. Winds near 5-10 mph, not that big of a deal unless the air temp is -20!(recorded wind temps -44F) It will be interesting to see what Eric was dealing with today.

I met Chris, and Erik at Hartley Nature Center at 6:40 as Chris was running a 50 minute loop x3 to get his long run in for the weekend. The trails are the best place to run on a morning like this. It takes me about 4-5 minutes to get to the trailhead and that stretch of road was colder than the entire hour on the trails. With the proper layering it wasn't that bad! I am still searching for the best shoes for these trails... I have tried grip systems and today just wore regular road shoes. I didn't have the confidence that my shoes would offer the proper grip on some of the down hills (still scared as hell of falling since last March) I'm hoping the INOV8's will fit my feet as they look like a nice low profile trail shoe. (hate the bulky one's)

Totals: 1:10:00 ~8 miles

No comments: