Monday, June 18, 2007

Week of Rest

Now that the dust has settled I am ready for a week of rest. I was reading one of my training plan books and they talked to Kristy Johnston after a marathon. She said she looked forward to the time off, good marathon or bad, and took three weeks completely off of running and drank beer. Sounds good, but I will only take one week off. My lateral quads are a bit sore, and of course my right achilles. I'm going to see the sports medicine doctor on friday, just to make sure nothing is wrecked too bad down there.

My thanks goes out to my family who support my running, and to many friends who cheered me on that hot grandma's day. I got a lot of congrats at work and it really makes you realize sometimes how lucky you are just to get to the finish line. I like to say, the marathon is a total "crap shoot".

No comments: