Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Repeat Wednesday

I did this exact workout last Wednesday on the exact same course. I felt tons better! My Achilles are beginning to warm up very soon into the warm up and my quads feel good too. I did the 20 minute warm up and then 2 miles at MP(marathon pace) then a warm down. My MP miles were on the course 20-22 markers. Splits were 5:58, and 5:51, feeling easy and listening to the birds. Pasta, will be my staple meal for the next three days. Then, a lot of wide-mouth beers at the tents after the race.
Totals : 56:16 ~8.5 miles smiling

2 comments:

I am a runner. "We are what we repeatedly do" said...

Gregg,
glad to see the taper is working. you sound like you feel fresh and ready. I wish you well on race day. I'll be thinking of you here in the desert. Remember that when you feel fantastic at mile 12 DON'T speed up! wait for 22.

good luck,
greg

Gregg said...

thanks greg,
that's good advice! i'm really hoping my goal pace is easy for those first 20 or so miles. At grandma's, mile 22 is the only significant hill but 22.5 to the end is awesome and the streets are filled with people. I'll attempt to post a bit Saturday after the race.
Gregg