Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Jugs are Ready

Since I dislike the drink of choice that Grandma's marathon uses I must find some "outside" help with obtaining my electrolyte jugs, ie: water bottles. I found some people that will be scattered along the course and this should workout fine. Something you probably don't see very often in a road marathon, I carry my bottle with me using an "ultimate" holder that keeps the bottle horizontal along the lower back/hips. I used this method last year and had a wonderful race despite terribly humid conditions. In the past I realized I didn't get enough fluid using the water tables. Since I am not fast enough to get dedicated bottle drop, I must improvise. As for my run this morning, much the same. Felt good, and had a shitload of energy for a 5 miler. I did a few striders just to turn the legs over. If there is anybody out there that can do some weather voodoo, work on Saturday the 16th of June and allow for a 10 mph N/Ne wind, it would be much appreciated by about 16,000 people. Thank you.
Totals: 33:44 ~5 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best... have enjoyed reading all your progress and it's so mind-boggling to me. Much, much bigger than I ever knew. Anyway.... here's to a great race, a good time, and everything you want out of the day. We'll send our good "voodoo" vibes for the weather to ya from Sturgeon Bay. Maybe even one of those dances that Grandpa Phil used to do........... maybe not hey??
Safe travels and happy trails!
xo Your Sissy