Sunday, June 10, 2007

No I-Pods!...What Will I Do?

The front page of the Sunday sports section had a big article on the "no i-pod" rule that grandma's marathon will be attempting to enforce this year. It is USATF's rule that is being enforced. It pissed off a lot of people. I can see their point...if you are used to training with a certain stimulus, and then on race day that is taken away one might be effected. I can't relate though, I don't use them. Just an FYI, if you planned on carrying a DVD player, they are banned as well according to the rule.
My run today called for 90 minutes easy with up tempo for the last 4 miles. I had a time conflict with my massage appointment this morning and couldn't get out the door by 6 so I cut the run short by one mile. (I was going to run for 13 miles, not 90 min's.) Most of my body parts felt pretty good and I felt very energetic. I am looking forward to next Saturday. I feel sorry for Kari, as this next week I am sure to be a freak with all the stored up energy.

Totals: 1:21:11 12 miles.

No comments: