Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bitter Sweet

I had the day off of work, originally to take advantage of the day and head over to my parents house for a long weekend, but my son needed to have his ear tubes replaced today. This is number one priority because without the ear tubes working, ear infections are a royal pain for all the family!
The day in Duluth was cool but clear. I did a loop on the trails in Hartley and was indifferent with the results. My quads and overall energy is great, but my right achilles is quite sore and I am afraid some serious time away from running is what it is going to take to heal this bugger. The only other time I had achilles tendinitis was 16 years ago and that took 6 weeks off of running to cure. I need this to heal NOW! My summer/fall was planned to have many new running experiences but now who knows???
Tomorrow is travel day. Maybe I'll run when I get up and do a short road loop.?
Totals: 47:32 6.5 miles

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey Gregg

Have you tried the strassburg sock:

http://www.thesock.com/

It has helped clear up some lower leg aches and pains of mine. Its hard to sleep in at first, but once I got used to it I could really tell a difference in my lower leg flexibility.

Gregg said...

I'll check it out PR. I did get a boot for my left foot to make sure my ankle heals, maybe I will use it on my right one as well.