Sunday, March 8, 2009

West, Windy and Long

I was looking to redeem myself from last weeks long run and have a good one. It started kind of rocky as we climbed up from Jeremy's house for nearly three miles to Skyline Blvd. After getting leveled out at the top my legs and breathing settled and things improved fast. By forty minutes I was ready to rock and roll but I knew better and held back. After making our turn, we had the wind at our backs and the urge to push the pace. My running partner for the morning and I decided it was best to fight the urge and hold effort as the pace would drop just by having the winds assistance. We were right, as we negative splitted the out and back by nearly two minutes.
Legs felt pretty good, and the drastic downhills on the return made it a bit difficult, but on the flats I was very happy with the results.

Totals: 2:00:57   15.6 miles   (HR 133,  7:43 pace) 

Weeks Totals: 62 miles
Years Totals: 373 miles

No comments: