Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pleasant Surprise... Not Quite!

The official start of spring isn't for a few weeks yet but this morning was a decent start. The temps were just under 20F and clear skies. 
For some reason I chose to hit the Hartley trails just to see how the footing was and I was surprised to find them in really good shape. I did a short loop through the swamp and made my way to the nature center before noticing the horrid odor of skunk! That is one downfall of spring. I never saw the critter but the odor was one of recent release...
After I made my way to the roads I did a 'Hunters Park' tour before making my way home. In the end I had a wonderful morning of easy HR running. Felt Super!!

Totals: 56:45   7.1 miles   (HR 127, 8:00 pace)

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

I don't mind skunk if it's in the distance, but I've been sprayed once from about a foot away (by the way, if it ever happens to you, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda is the only thing that works). Skunks mean spring, though, don't they?