Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A New Purpose

Most runners that have run a marathon have figured this out on their own. Either by crash and burn, soreness, success or some other way of measurement. When you are training for such an event each day has a purpose. Rest day, easy day, track work, long runs are all examples of daily 'purpose'. The routine of attempting to figure this out correctly is what I found tiring. I don't have to worry any more.

This mornings schedule called for ~75 minutes of easy running with 10-12 strides at 5k pace. I did  this run on the west Skyline route and had a bit of a head wind on the return trip. I'm glad I beat the storm that is brewing. Tomorrow may be a treadmill day.

Totals: 1:17:53   10.7 miles  (HR 136, 7:16 pace)
                                out: 39:51, return: 38:02

No comments: