Friday, May 2, 2008

Test Run

I haven't ran a step since Monday. Each morning my lower legs felt terrible. The foot bones, achilles, calves all sore and tight.
This morning was a bit better so I decided to get moving and head out for a short loop with the dog and run some if I felt good. What's nice now is the trails are opening up and drying some so any mileage in the woods is better than on the pavement. Buddy and I headed to the woodchip trails near UMD and ran a loop, along with a short loop through campus. As time passed (5 or more minutes) my legs loosened up and actually felt pretty good. Tomorrow I will "test the waters" a bit more and see if I can start ramping up the mileage again. Let's hope, Grandma's is seven weeks away and I haven't written it off quite yet.
Totals: 3 miles with the dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gregg sorry to hear that your body isn't up to your potential. get better soon!

-jordan

Gregg said...

Thanks... I am working at it. Sometimes you have to be patient and it isn't easy!