Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'M OUT

Saturday= 0 miles

Today was the last nail in the coffin. I am out of Grandma's Marathon! I did an easy afternoon run on the roads and felt like death warmed over. Why? I can't answer that but I do need the mental break from the stress of getting ready for Grandma's. The sooner I realized that I wouldn't be running the sooner I can settle down and get training for the rest of the summer and fall. It sure is a hard decision to make but a necessary one if I will be racing the rest of the year. Having a race of this caliber in your home town and sitting on the sidelines just plain ol' sucks. (my wonderful wife can relate) Reading reports like Eric's doesn't help. A big congratulations to him, what an effort and super exciting race report.
So there it is... I am not running Grandma's Marathon this year. (i needed to write that again)
Here's to getting healthy and ready to kick some ass later this year.

Total: 49:15  7 miles
Weeks Totals: 18 miles
Years Totals: 915 miles



2 comments:

Carole said...

Sorry to hear you're out.... i know it isn't easy to make that decision or that you even want to have to make it. No words I know can make you feel any better I'm sure, other than only you know best what you need to keep running at a healthy and safe pace, and when it's time for a break.... I wish you the best and you're right..... kickin' some ass this fall will be right around the corner!
C

Kurt said...

I think you made the best choice. Things are not good when rushed or pushed.