Sunday, May 4, 2008

Spring Trails

Today was the first "spring" run on the SHT for me. I really wanted to stay off the roads and pavement for the majority of the run. There was a bit of mud but for the most part the footing was pretty good. I wore the 790's and felt pretty good except when the trail cambered down causing my left heel to overpronate which caused me some discomfort in the left achilles. On the flats I had little to no discomfort.
During this run it made me realize that serious competition is getting closer to being an event of the past. Having foot and achilles trouble for the last two marathon build-ups has me questioning "how much do I have left?" I would love to answer Lots, but I have my doubts. Today's run had me thinking that it is OK just to go out and have the ability to run easy and just enjoy the surroundings... after all, this is why I have chosen running as my exercise passion, as I just Love it.
Totals: 1:27:10  ~11 miles

Weeks Totals: 24 miles
Years Totals: 821 miles

No comments: