Saturday, May 10, 2008

Urban Trails

That's right, there are many trails right in the middle of Duluth. A lot of visitors are surprised to see the trails clusters that twist through the center of our city. Dave and I took advantage of those trails this morning and hit the dirt for 98% of our run right out of my front door. It takes about two minutes to hit the trail head from my house and most of the trail clusters are connected or have minimal sidewalk to get to one another. We started by running Rock hill, and making our way over to Chester Bowl for one complete loop of upper and lower creek trails, followed up by returning to Rock Hill, and making our way through Hartley via the SHT. No rain to speak of and near perfect running conditions. I can say I was feeling about 95%... most of the achilles issues have settled for now. My legs/hips fatigued towards the end since I am not used to all the climbs we had. I wish one of us were wearing a garmin to get the read out of elevation changes... would have been neat to see.

Totals: 1:44:30  ~13 miles

No comments: