Monday, May 26, 2008

Seriously

Maybe it was the lift of the mental stress of attempting to prepare for the race in four weeks. Maybe just a coincidence.  Whatever it was I knew it would happen. I felt good today. Yep, a good run. I didn't say "stellar", just good. I was planning on an 8 miler mostly on trails and I decided to see what my buddy Eric was planning for a run. He mentioned a "mostly road" with a little trial 12 miler. I decided to give it a try. We headed out on West Skyline and made our way to 10th and headed down the hill to work our way to the lake walk. The weather was mixed with sun, clouds, fog, mist, rain, and of course, a cool wind off the lake. I felt really good except some tightness in the right hip flexor, an area that has been giving me trouble since the 25K. No achilles trouble, and not foot discomfort until after the run. Still not sure what the hell that is all about. In the end, we made it just over eleven miles. Very happy with this run.

Totals: 1:27:00  11.2 miles (gps)

No comments: