Thursday, May 29, 2008

Deer and Hills

This mornings run took me to Rock Hill (aka Bagley Nature Trails) where I proceeded to complete 3 loops with each increasing the pace. By the end of the run I was starting to feel like my old self again. My stride was becoming loose and flowing with ease, something that I haven't felt for some time now. After the run I did a short version of the exercises, as I try to do some if not all everyday. Overall, I was happy with this run and actually getting excited to start some form of a program for 10K training.
The only problem I encountered on the trails was the deer. Damn! Get the eff out of the way... they are so tame in that park that they actually don't move and scare the shit out of you.
There still is some significant stiff lower legs and achilles when I wake up in the morning. After five or ten minutes of walking around and light stretches all things are usually ready to go.

Totals: 43:11 ~ 6 miles

No comments: