Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Road Miles

With the snow yesterday as well as the warmer temps, it made an interesting morning to figure out which routes would offer the best footing for my run. I didn't think the trails would be worth the effort, so I hit the roads and decided to get out to the "country" roads. My gamble paid off, as these roads were much better than the streets in town. Mainly they are subject to sunlight all day and most of the snow/ice burned off yesterday.

My legs felt good right from the front door and once I got the early hills out of the way I settled into a comfortable pace that was much quicker than the pace I have been running on the trails. Towards the end my legs and hips were beginning to fatigue but tolerable. Another good medium distance run. 
No work for  me today... this is my GF holiday day off.

Totals: 1:34:42  14 miles

No comments: