Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Nutrition

I have made reference to this in the past and once again this morning it hit me in the face. The importance of proper fueling. I ate like a horse after Sunday's run and Monday was much of the same. Yesterday after work my wife and I had an appointment and I didn't eat until 8:30 last night AND it was pizza! Complete shit when you are planning close to a 2 hour run the next morning. It may have been the lack of proper nutrition or it may be the extended lag of the twenty miler on Sunday but my legs were dead and heavy for most of the second half of the run. Having said that, I did negative splits by over a minute coming back. I did the same run as last Friday, which was out and back to 40th west.  

Totals: 1:44:32  15 miles

Tuesday: 
Another easy general aerobic run with some fartleks thrown in and a couple of harder hills as well. Legs felt great! Had a little snow to contend with. Overall, it feels like a good recovery from Sunday's run.

Totals: 1:02:30  9 miles

No comments: