Friday, March 21, 2008

In Your Face!

Woke up feeling a bit fatigued this morning and just didn't want to go outside and run. Morning coffee watching the tube and enjoying the morning hours with the paper sounded much better. Not to be though... I made it out the door and eased my way into a medium distance run. I noticed the wind at my back and actually zipped open my jacket a bit to get some extra air flow. My out and back course gave me the opportunity to turn at any moment but the further I went the more I wanted to go out. Turning at 40th ave West I realized what I had in store for the next 56 minutes or so... WIND! Great gusts that actually blew my skinny ass all over the place, literally! I was just happy there wasn't any snow or ice to contend with because my footing was what was keeping me up. In the end I had a decent run that ended up being a quicker pace than last Friday's run. Interesting how that happens. 

Totals: 1:45:07  15+miles

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Kind of funny that we are getting snow all day and none in Duluth ? Looks like you are getting in a bunch of good miles. Keep it up !!

Gregg said...

I'm sorry to say it Kurt but "I'm glad it isn't us". The routes are now getting dry and little to no black ice which makes the morning running so much better. I won't be on the trails until late April.
I've been able to string a few decent weeks together and that has made all the difference in my motivation. I too, am using a "lydiard model" with my build up. With Kari's schedule and my schedule it works out to do med. distance on W and F and long on Sunday. Next week I will start the focus training of a 12 week plan. It should be interesting...
G