Friday, March 7, 2008

All Together Now....Say Bye, Bye!


I'm being optimistic here and after this mornings run I am saying "Bye for now, see you next year winter!" (the weather forecast for tomorrow is -4 in the early morning then warming up) When I was getting ready to roll out for the run it was -14F with a wind gusting at 10mph. Perfect for the woods. The first five minutes to the trail head actually hurt, a lot! I was determined to get  at least one decent loop then go home and finish on the treadmill. After my first loop (approx. 55 minutes) I felt decent and decided to head out for another loop and just get my time done outside. I can honestly say the worst part was my hands. They were cold. I had a pair of the "hand-warmer" packets and one of them blew open in my mitt and thus I had only one to use. I kept it in my dominant hand mitt, just incase I was to loose a hand I didn't want it to be the good one!  
At any rate, I had a good run again. I was looking to run closer to two hours but it just wasn't in the cards this morning. I am looking forward to the weekend long run and that should finish my week with yet another good building week.
*the picture is immediately after my run and I wanted to kiss this weather good bye and not deal with it until next Dec. or Jan.
Totals: 1:33:00  ~12 miles

No comments: