Sunday, March 30, 2008

Loops

I wanted a long run that would make it easy for getting fluids without having to drive any place. The best option usually is loops from the house using the front porch as the "aide station". For some people this doesn't sound very appealing but it makes the distance go pretty quick and gives you very good opportunity to keep the fluids in. I must admit, there are days where doing loops just isn't in the books and the thought makes me even more tired.

The loop is of rolling terrain and offers a good opportunity to feel the quads pound on some downhill stretches. (I guess this would be beneficial if I were running Boston) I have attempted measuring it once or twice and have estimated it near 6.7 miles. (years before all these GPS gadgets)  The first loop felt OK and I figured the middle loops I would mentally suffer, which I didn't, and the last loop had my quads screaming on the downhill sections. Splits were quite even at: 46:49, 46:34, 47:03 

Next week as I mentioned earlier is starting my 12 week focus plan. (I think I have the weeks counted out accurately now) It will also be a week of "rest" for me as it will probably call for 65-70 miles. I'm looking forward to it!

Totals: 2:20:27  ~20 miles

Weeks Totals: 82.5 miles
Years Totals: 671.5 miles

No comments: