Friday, March 14, 2008

Pavement?

The early morning hours make it difficult to distinguish the difference between pavement, ice or pavement that is dry but was wet yesterday. I headed out on West Skyline as this roadway is subject to the sun most hours of the day and I figured it would most likely be pavement. I was right for the most part. On the way out I was cautious and had little black ice to contend with. Once I hit the turn (just past 40th west) the sky was starting to brighten up and allow for better visualization of the ground which allowed me to settle in the pace and have a really good run back to the house. Legs felt good. A nice way to end the week.

Totals: 1:54:08  16 miles

*the rest of the weekend will be tough. the family is spending the entire time at the water park. should be fun.

No comments: