Friday, March 28, 2008

Flat

I could see this coming as it is my 5th week in building base and for me the final prep week for my 12 week plan. I was trying to repeat last week but since Sunday's twenty I have not returned to feeling "peppy". I don't have any serious aches or pains to worry about but an overall feeling of flat.  I believe this to be appropriate for the volume I have done and next weeks running will look very similar to Pfitzinger's first marathon week in his 12 week plan which ultimately will be a "down/recovery" week for me and I am looking forward to it. 

This morning I headed out for another medium distance run but fell short a bit due to the feelings I described above. The route was out on country roads, moderately hilly with no wind to contend with, which was nice. (cool temps though 10F) For most of the loop I felt like I was well under 7:00 pace and in the past this loop was run closer to 6:20's which will be the goal pace in weeks to come.

Totals: 1:33:00  ~13.5 miles

Thursday:
Recovery run on the roads and trails. The trails are toast for now. They have too much uneven snow from the "day-walkers".  My legs felt much better after the run so I took Buddy out for a short loop once I got home. I am working on getting Buddy out for 3 or 4 runs a week and hope to have him with on some weekend runs this spring. 

Totals: 55:00  7 miles

No comments: