Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Extra Traction

Most of the ice on the streets is gone for now. I headed to the trails and brought my grips just in case I needed them. I ran one complete loop thinking that the footing was "fair". Since I had the grips in my back pocket I figured I would slip them on just to see if I felt any different. Wow, what a difference! To have the added traction gives you the added confidence in your steps and actually allows you to relax and ultimately run smoother and in my case, quicker the second lap. The trails are in such good shape that on most days the pace is much quicker than in the summer because of the lack of rocks, roots, etc... Another super day on the trails!!

Totals: 1:05:32  9 miles

2 comments:

Adam said...

Hi Gregg,
Ran across your blog through Kurt's. I live in the cities but work in Duluth fairly often, primarily SMDC. I'll be at Chippewa in April, see you then!
AH

Gregg said...

Thanks for visiting... see you at the Chip. I am quite a bit behind in training but all should be good by the race day. Good luck with the spring training.
G