Saturday, May 16, 2009

Snow in May

Saturday:
I woke up this morning to the howling of the wind. Huge gusts! Just the type of weather that makes you want to stay indoors not go running outside. After waiting and stewing for a bit I decided to call Erik and he was looking to get out for a jaunt himself. Perfect timing! I went to his house and we ran from his drive right on to the trails and proceeded to run a loop out to Hawks Ridge and back via the SHT. Given the wind and temps, (yep, there was snow flakes falling), the run was great and I continue to be amazed how comforting having a running partner makes the less than ideal running conditions effortless. Thanks for the run Erik.

Totals: 1:06:16  8.1 miles  (8:14 pace, trails)


Friday:
Just a pleasant loop out for easy running. Ran up to Kenwood and looped out a bit before making my way via Rice Lake Road to Skyline Blvd. before coming home. My legs felt very good and I think yesterday's harder effort was a good choice. No aches or pains and that's a good thing!

Total: 1:01:27   8.5 miles

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

Saturday's weather was even worse a little further north, where I ran the Superior 50K. Guess they didn't want it to be too easy!