Friday, May 22, 2009

Carbs are Good

The last two days I have really focused on increasing my carbohydrates. In past training cycles I have found myself feeling a bit too fatigued and once getting some serious carbs ingested I seem to get vast improvement. I'm still waiting for my legs to feel great, but they do feel much better. 
This morning I ran in the cool, crisp morning sunrise over to the Enger golf course and back while including 6X1 minute at 5 minute pace. Towards the end of the run I was feeling pretty good and hope I have made the turn for the better.

On a side note, I had an hour massage last night and wow did that help. A person never knows how stiff they are until they get worked on. I plan to go one more time in early June and hope to keep loose until race morning. I kept thinking, if our employers would pay for massage twice a month, our working people would be more productive and happy. Just a theory, but I bet I am on the right path...

Totals: 1:11:10   10.4 miles  ( 6X 1 minute fartleks)


Thursday:
Just another easy day of running in hopes to get my legs back. I managed to run a short section of the SHT before logging some miles on Hawks Ridge and eventually making my way back home. No surprises or excitement.

Totals: 55:36  7 miles   (7:56 pace)

No comments: