Friday, May 8, 2009

Getting Ready

Easy running this morning with the dog. Legs feel much better today and tomorrow will definitely be interesting.
Race report tomorrow.
Results off race link or online race results

Totals: 32:02   4+ miles easy

Thursday:
I didn't want to miss any workouts this week but with the race this weekend I wanted to ease off just a bit. I compromised and did a mile less on the tempo segment and a little less on the warm up and cool down. I managed to keep the workout total to about ten miles and finished feeling fair. Not great, just fair. It leaves me a bit concerned about the result on Saturday. I started thinking about it and I really can't do anything about it except find a decent pace/rhythm and stick to it. It is what it is...

Here was today's workout:
2.5 mile warm up, 4 mile tempo, 3.3 mile warm down
tempo: 5:30, 5:38, 5:30, 5:41 

Total: 9.8 miles

No comments: