Thursday, July 19, 2007

Trying to be "Cool" Sucks

My run today kind of happen all of a sudden. It was mid afternoon and I saw an opportunity to get in an easy hour on the trails so I went for it. I got these new shoes that are nice and light and airy, but I thought it would be ok to go without socks and have my feet a little cooler. It also feels really good too if you don't get blisters. IF! My loop is about 55 minutes and at 20 minutes my toes had terrible blisters to the point of wanting to walk. A quick decision and I was turning back and getting home as soon as possible. Remember that scene in Without Limits where Pre ran the 3 mile after cutting his foot while doing the nasty with that gymnast? My memories of his foot being completely covered in blood and getting the win kept me running for the house. The only thing is I wasn't winning anything, just getting home sooner. Oh well, it got me home and I ruined a perfect run by trying to be "cool". Better luck next time.

Totals: 37:02 5 miles

No comments: