Friday, July 27, 2007

Hartley Trails...the New "Boardwalk"

I ran my loop to the Hartley trails this morning and much to my surprise, the mountain biking clubs, single track clubs, COGS, whatever...have put in many long boardwalk-type crossings in the lower wet/rooty areas. It's kind of nice to keep your stride going where once you may have had to come to a slow crawl in order to pass some mud or get through a real rooty area. I just hope they don't over do it and next thing you know we have a new "board walk" in Duluth.
My achilles felt like total shit this morning and some of my calf muscles have decided to join the "stiff club". I hope next weeks PT appointment make a difference because this is getting old. I really makes it tough to get out of bed in the morning. On a high note, the weather was great this morning and a cool breeze was blowing.
Totals: 49:42 7 miles

No comments: