Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Great Day for Running

It's July 14th and it was 61 degrees at 6:15 this morning with grey skies and a little wind. Amazing day for the Half Voyager Marathon as the top 8 men were separated by only 10 minutes. I will post more when I have details. Also, it was an exciting day for Scott Jurek and Krissy Moehl, as they both set new records at Hardrock. This is truly an amazing feat as both of them were well under 30 hours. Just to give people some idea how hard Hardrock is, some 100 mile ultra's have course records well under 15 hours. Scott has run ~15:40 at Western States 100, and today he ran a course record by 27 minutes in 28:08! The Hardrock is truly a beast, and a test of will. Congratulations to both!

My run today was finally a good run. I ran with Hex, two-time national snowshoe champion, and we did a series of trails from my house. Most of the trees have been cleaned up since the windstorm last week. I had a chance to warm up the Achilles and that made the whole difference. Speaking of my Achilles (like I don't talk about it enough) I will have a MRI next week on my left ankle, (injured on March 20th), and then I am wearing the Strasburg sock and will be getting some PT and a gait analysis, and core work exercises next week to assist my right Achilles. I wore the sock last night and it made the morning commute down the stairs more enjoyable.

Totals: 1:18:55 11.5 miles

1 comment:

jpete said...

Do you know the results of the half voyageur?