Tuesday, September 25, 2007

You've Been In the Pool, I Can See it in Your Eyes

I realize I am a total rookie at the pool, but my goggles leave some crazy wrings around my eyes and they last for hours! I tried loosening the straps but maybe they are not the right fit. No big deal, I just look like a racoon walking down the halls for a bit after.

I did a pool workout that started with the swimming drills, "finding my sweet spot" in overall flotation. I did this for 6 laps and then put on the aqua-jogger for a bit and finished by swimming for 20 minutes. I progressed to swimming 50 meters at a time before needing to take a break. Yah, that's how much a rookie I am! My overall strokes are starting to feel better, and I am finally starting to relax and not have the urge to max out on each lap. I like this "swimming thing" as the rewards are easy to see when you are new. Back to the roads tomorrow.

Totals: 35 minutes pool work

No comments: