Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm Running But...

Boy this week sure went to shit in a hurry. I must have been fighting a bug of some sorts because I was fatigued and lazy all week. I also had the "taste" of being sick in my mouth when I spit phlegm and blew my nose. Ya, you know what I mean. Anyway, I didn't do a very good job cross training in the pool or bike.

I went out for my morning run only to find my quads completely shredded. Why? I don't know. Both my quads felt like I had just finished a downhill half marathon. I did a short loop through campus and also jumped on the UMD track and did a little over 2 miles. My achilles feels quite good and all I need is my quads to catch up and maybe I can start running again.

On a side note, I received a comp entry to the Pumpkin Run since I was lucky enough to win the inaugural event last year. I guess this is a little motivation to get going and maybe put up a fight for whom ever is going to win it. I don't think it will be me, but I am willing to try. I probably shouldn't even be putting "race" into a sentence but you know how it is.

Totals: 32:03 ~4.5 miles (quads hurt like crazy)

No comments: