Saturday, September 8, 2007

Hum Drum...

I was feeling sorry for myself after watching the UMD invitational this morning. I don't know about others but man do I get crabby when I can train and race. Cross-training just isn't the same but I will have to make due with it. I seem to be an optimist in everyday life and I guess I just needed to sit down and realize I don't have things all that bad. My leg isn't in a cast, I'm not in the hospital, I don't have to work today, it isn't raining, it isn't snowing, I don't have to cut the grass, my family is loving and healthy, the creditors haven't been able to find our new address yet,and I can bike and swim/aqua-jog until I can run again. Having said all that, I got on the fluid-trainer for a workout. I did my usual 10 minute warm up and started the intervals. The whole workout looked like this, 4X1 minute hard/1 easy, 5 minutes of steady at fast RPM >100, 4X 1 minute intervals and lastly 7 minute steady at RPM >100 and a warm down. The workout went pretty good, I do have to monitor my right knee a bit but talking to regular bikers this is normal when one first starts off bike training.
On a sour note: the UMD's men's 8K race got totally F'd up by someone who directed the chase group to the finish line a whole lap early. Don't think that it will be a scoreable race. Hey, there is another point for me...I wasn't running a race where the placing got all screwed up!
Totals: 47:26 biking plus a 30 minute core-work session.

No comments: