Friday, September 7, 2007

Just Not The Same

As much as realize I need to cross train during times of injury, I just don't get the same "burn" from other forms of aerobic training as I do with running. I managed to get out of bed this morning and get a decent workout on the bike. My legs feel very good, fatigued and tired, but my breathing doesn't get the workout I am used to. Part of this is being new to biking I'm sure but I am eagerly waiting to be running on the trails soon.
The workout was 12 minutes of warm up and 30 minutes of intervals followed by 10 minutes of easy spinning at 100 rpm.
Totals: 52:15 bike
note (right medial knee, just under knee cap sore at end)

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey Gregg, have you seen this Pfitzinger schedule for pool running?
http://www.pfitzinger.com/labreports/water.shtml

I think I'm going to use it after I come back from the hernia surgery.

Gregg said...

Thanks PR...I have not seen that specific workout schedule yet. Pete did talk of pool running in his books, but nothing that specific. I will definately make going to the pool easier, as it always is when someone else is doing the "thinking" and all you have to do is show up. I don't mind being my own coach, but I do prefer set up workouts in advance, I seem to keep better consistancy.
Gregg