Sunday, November 29, 2009

One Week To Go

One week from today will conclude another marathon journey. All the work is done. The hay is in the barn, as they say. The numerous 5 am runs consisting of easy runs, medium-long runs, fartleks, and tempos have come to an end. For now. The last week will be much lower in volume and I will have two more "leg turnover" workouts and the off to California on Friday morning. I am looking forward to the challenge. The marathon offers plenty of those in one form or another.

Today's medium long run went fair. Meaning about a 6 or 7 out of a 10. Not what I was looking for from a last longer workout. For some reason my legs felt heavy, there was wind, and I overdressed. All attributes to an "off" workout. I can take the good out of it and try not to think of any negative energy. Positive vibes all week. That will be my vision.

Here is the workout:
44:15 6.1 mile warm up
*6 mile at MP
5:47,5:55,5:52,5:46,5:55,5:44
3:40 .5 mile warm down
1:223:08 12.6 miles

Weeks Totals: 56 miles
Years Totals: 2655.1 miles

3 comments:

Dave Schuneman said...

Gregg, lots of positive thoughts from me to you this weekend. I'm excited to look into the results book come late Sunday!!!

Gregg said...

Thank you for all the positive vibes Dave. Talk with ya after.

SteveQ said...

I predict a PR! Best of luck.