Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Excellent Choice

By taking an extra day of easy running post long run I am convinced that it was a good decision. My legs felt much better and the fartlek intervals went quite smooth.

Overall, this week is designed to be a lower volume week to aide in recovery and prepare me for this upcoming weekends marathon pace work. I did my usual warm up during the early climbs of Woodland Avenue and then started the intervals once I hit Arnold road. I managed to hit most of the intervals near 5:15 pace and the last few closer to 5:05 pace. The big difference with today's run was the "rest" interval of one minute was NOT a jog, as I kept the pace rather brisk at 6:30-6:50. Overall, I was pleased with today's effort.

Totals: 1:05:06 9.1 miles
10 X 1 min. on/off fartlek work

No comments: