Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sore Cankles... Fabulous Run

The temperature read 7F and the skies were open to the sun. This would be the perfect time of the season to run snowmobile trails. For some, this may sound boring, but it is far from that. The trails in northern MN are very hilly, constant rollers, and offer some gorgeous vistas along with hidden woods that are only accessible this time of year. I couldn't find any takers to join me on this venture so off I went solo.
For some reason, I didn't want to run out and back to the house, so I had my wife pick me up at the bottom of Lester Park. The only thing I had to do was to add some mileage prior to heading down the park. This was accomplished by heading north on the state trail out of town. I can't say it enough... the trails were near perfect! I guessed on my turn around and made my way to the bottom of Lester. Some of the trail that get a lot of foot traffic near Lester were in terrible shape since last weeks rain, but that was only a mile or so, otherwise wonderful.

Totals: 1:50:26   14.7 miles  (7:31 pace)

Weeks Totals: 42 miles
Years Totals: 200 miles

No comments: