Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No Music For You!

Today was a medium distance day. The goal mileage of the medium distance run will be 13-15 miles once up to peak mileage. This week will be a repeat of last as I would like to hold the mileage for another week before bumping up again.

I don't do it often but I wanted some music to accompany me through the darkness this morning. The Nano I just got for Christmas had a zapped battery. Good thing I have a back up. Plugged in and out the door I went only to have the music stop within four miles. Damn... no more tunes!

My route was out and back to Enger tower. Clear streets with minimal snow to deal with sure was nice and it allowed me a decent effort. I am back to monitoring the HR's on specific runs just to insure I don't over run them. Legs felt quite a bit better today and will benefit from another day of leg exercises and stretching.

Totals: 1:10:48   10.1 miles  HR: 138   (6:59 pace)


No comments: