Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Underdressed?

I took a look at the temperature before I got dressed this morning and it appeared like a comfortable morning. I didn't wear my cold weather jacket and I didn't wear my buff (aka. face warmer). The early miles are always a bit brisk until you warm up, but this morning I had a few hills early and then some flats for a while and man was I chilled. My arms and hands, despite wearing "choppers" got cold. ( i am learning that choppers are not all they were built up to be as I was growing up, I need to buy some decent mitts that will keep my hands warm) I ran the last thirty minutes actually running cold and attempting to pick up the pace just to warm up. My hamstrings were a bit tight from all the slipping, so my up tempo wasn't all that "up". I was happy that I finally cracked an hour for a morning run and will hope to build on it.

Totals: 1:05:00 9 miles

1 comment:

Chad said...

Yes!!! This is exactly how I felt on Wednesday. Must be something in the air.