Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just Say No to Slippage

I wanted to run on solid ground. Not possible outside in December in Duluth Minnesota. This is where the treadmill comes in handy. My wife and I bought a nice treadmill (Pacemaster Gold Elite) a couple of years ago just for mornings like today. Having my groin a bit flared up I didn't want to slip and aggravate it any more. Once I had my warmup mile of 8:00 I dialed the speed to 7 min. pace and held it there until 5 miles. I did the 6th mile in 6:40 and the 7th in 6:27 followed by one cool down mile.(all at 2% grade) It was nice to step down and feel pretty good. As I stated, the most beneficial aspect was the footing. I think I will continue to do this run once a week over the next month and twice a week once the program gets under way. I will also be focusing on building this run to 14 miles. A good day for a treadmill workout.

Totals: 1:00:00 8.5 miles

No comments: