Sunday, December 2, 2007

24 Hours of Enthusiasm

Yesterday I blogged about "getting a new start" and being all hyped-up on starting my base phase. Today was just another day of downers and "who cares" attitudes. I guess I am glad this is December and not April, otherwise I might be going to see my doctor tomorrow. I think most of this funk, if that's what you want to call it, has to do with all the change this time of the season. First off, the darkness. It is dark when I run in the morning, and dark when I get home from work. Second, the uncertainty of the weather. Just because I go to bed and it is clear and calm doesn't mean it will be like that in the morning. Now that true winter has set in, I think it will be easier to have the mindset of winter training. I will be on the roads, and on the trails with snowshoes starting next week and when I can, I will be skiing (skiing is my least favorite thing to do of all the cross training but I will do it occasionally) as soon as tracks are set.

There is 29 weeks until Grandma's Marathon 2008. It is sad that this is what motivates me, but I can't help it. It is my hometown marathon and I have so much unfinished business to do in the marathon that I don't really care what lies before then. Once I get some milage under my belt maybe I will be fired up to do something sooner, but right now, I just need base.

Totals: 18 miles Week
Totals: Year 1700 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.