Friday, December 21, 2007

December?

Hard to believe it is December when the morning temps are near 40 degrees. Our house had mid 30's but down on the harbor it was 39 when I left for my run this morning. Weird! The nice thing this morning was that most of the roads are now clear of snow which make for decent footing. It looks like this may last one more day at the most as we are to get up to 5" of snow late tonight and tomorrow.

The run went well. I'd have to say near one of the best since I restarted my training cycle. I believe this is a result of two things. One, I went to the chiropractor (CHC) and got a really good adjustment as well as some pressure point work done on the psoas. Secondly, I think that the treadmill run on Wednesday was very beneficial as it allowed my tempo to pick up a bit and stretch out the legs. Today's pace felt easy and smooth. I did the extended Pig's loop out to Martin road and Elk back to the house via Vermilion. I hope the coming snow doesn't mess with me too bad, as I would really like to get a couple nice runs in this weekend. (last week Wed. this run was 5 min. slower)

Totals: 1:00:00 9 miles

No comments: