Thursday, December 27, 2007

Guardrail Loop in Hartley

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday no running.

I woke up this morning and after getting about 4-5 inches of snow yesterday and last night I figured the roads would be brutal. I was right, as I ran to the trailhead of Hartley the roads were messy. I put on my snowshoes at the trail head and figured I had enough time to do a longer loop, often referred to as the "guardrail loop". I was the second snowshoer for most of the upper loop. This made for tough going but a really great heart rate workout. As I worked my way down the trial I noticed increased traffic and the footing was much better. My psoas was tight but it warmed up and felt pretty decent most of the way.

Overall a good workout that will leave me a bit tired this morning at work. That's what a good cup of coffee is for!

Totals: 1:20:00 (run/snowshoe ~7.5 miles)

No comments: