Friday, November 9, 2007

Instant Winter

After a small cup of coffee and a glass of water I was out the door for my morning run. I got out the door and noticed a little wetness on the driveway and didn't pay much attention to it. I was eight minutes into the run and I noticed it. Snow. And lots of it coming down at a quick, steady pace. By the time I had passed twenty minutes, the roads were covered and it was accumulating on the grass. Usually I would welcome a snowfall like that but not today. It was back in March (20th to be exact) that I was headed out for a run and hit a patch of ice under fresh fallen powder and it was this fall that completely ruined my running for 2007! I realized right away that the roads were pretty "grippy" and the amount of snow didn't made a big change in the traction yet. The Piggly Wiggly loop has little car traffic in the early morning hours so I had the whole road to find the sweet spot. I managed to feel pretty good and even "holding back" I ran the loop in a respectable time. It is amazing how much better I feel after the thirty minute mark. As far as snow fall, I believe we accumulated about 2 inches durning my run. A good run on the first wintery day.

Totals: 47:59 ~6.5 miles

No comments: